Examination Information and Dates
We are proud of the rigorous, broad and inclusive manner in which we prepare our young people for formal examination assessment in a realistic setting.
At The Heys School, we operate a system of assessment throughout the academic year. This is supported by formal examinations in the student’s appropriate exam setting.
Examination timetables are compiled and published prior to each examination window. The dates of scheduled formal assessments for 2022-23 are currently as follows.
- November 22 – Y11 Pre College – Timetable – STUDENT (FINAL)
- Year 11 Preparation Examinations – Monday 27th February 23 to Friday 10th March 23
- GCSE and BTEC Summer Examinations Window – Monday 22nd May 23 to Wednesday 30th June 23 – subject to change
- Year 10 Summer Mock Examinations – Monday 26thJune 23 to Friday 30th June 23
- Key Stage 3 Summer Examinations – Monday 20thJune to Friday 1st July
Prior to all examination windows, students will be aided in revision methods, creating appropriate revision resources and/or given the opportunity to purchase high-quality resources at a reduced price.
Purposeful revision, consistent practice and parental support have all been shown to have a positive impact on student attainment and progress.
The security and integrity of the examinations process is essential and students are given clear guidance regarding the rules in preparation and sitting of examinations.
Links to the JCQ documents outlining guidance and instructions for students are given below.
- 1.0 IFC – Social Media
- 2.0 IFC Privacy Notice 21-22
- 3.0 IFC-Coursework Assessments 2022
- 4.0 IFC-NEA Assessments 2022
- 5.0 IFC-On-Screen Examinations 2022
- 6.0 IFC-Written Examinations 2022
- 7.0 Unauthorised-Items-poster 22-23
- 8.0 Warning-to-Candidates-2022-23