Examination Information and Dates
We are proud of the rigorous, broad and inclusive manner in which we prepare our young people for formal examination assessment in a realistic setting.
At The Heys School, we operate a system of assessment throughout the academic year. This is supported by formal examinations in the student’s appropriate exam setting.
Examination timetables are compiled and published prior to each examination window. The dates of scheduled formal assessments for 2021-22 are currently as follows.
- Year 11 Pre-college Examinations – Monday 8thNovember to Friday 19thNovember
- Year 11 Preparation Examinations – Monday 28thFebruary to Friday 11th March
- Summer 2022 Timetable – Website version(01.04.22)
- GCSE and BTEC Summer Examinations Window – Monday 16th May to Wednesday 29th June
- Year 10 Summer Mock Examinations – Monday 20thJune to Friday 1st July
- Key Stage 3 Summer Examinations – Monday 20thJune to Friday 1st July
Prior to all examination windows, students will be aided in revision methods, creating appropriate revision resources and/or given the opportunity to purchase high-quality resources at a reduced price.
Purposeful revision, consistent practice and parental support have all been shown to have a positive impact on student attainment and progress.
The security and integrity of the examinations process is essential and students are given clear guidance regarding the rules in preparation and sitting of examinations.
Links to the JCQ documents outlining guidance and instructions for students are given below.
- 1.0 Information for Candidates -Coursework_Assessments_2021-22
- 2.0 Information for Candidates-NEA Controlled Assessments 2021-22
- 3.0 Information for Candidates – On Screen Examinations 2021-22
- 4.0 Information for Candidates – Written Examinations 2021-22
- 5.0 Information-for-candidates-Privacy-Notice-19-20
- 6.0 Social-Media-Information-for-Candidates_2021-22
- 7.0 Unauthorised-Items-poster 2021-22pdf
- 8.0 Warning-to-Candidates-2021-22