We are proud of the rigorous, broad and inclusive manner in which we prepare our young people for formal examination assessment in a realistic setting.
At The Heys School, we operate a system of assessment throughout the academic year. This is supported by formal examinations in the student’s appropriate exam setting.
Examination timetables are compiled and published prior to each examination window. The dates of scheduled formal assessments for 2020-21 are currently as follows.
- GCSE Autumn Resists (this year only) – November 2nd to November 23rd
- Year 11 Pre-college Examinations – Monday 16th November to Friday 27th November
- Year 11 Preparation Examinations – Monday 1st March to Friday 12th March
- GCSE and BTEC Summer Examinations Window – Monday 17th May to Wednesday 25th June (*awaiting Ofqual confirmation)
- Year 10 Summer Mock Examinations – Monday 21st June to Friday 9th July
- Key Stage 3 Summer Examinations – Monday 21st June to Friday 9th July
Prior to all examination windows, students will be aided in revision methods, creating appropriate revision resources and/or given the opportunity to purchase high-quality resources at a reduced price.
Purposeful revision, consistent practice and parental support have all been shown to have a positive impact on student attainment and progress.